Admission decisions for every student applicant are made by the Admissions Board, an ad hoc board created by the Board of Directors. This board must meet with every student candidate and his parents/legal guardians before admission to the school can occur. An official interview of the candidate will occur using the following criteria to govern the evaluation of suitability:
- The willingness and enthusiasm of the prospective student’s parents or legal guardians to submit the child to classroom environments that emphasize the infallible authority of the Bible and the exclusivity of salvation through faith in Jesus Christ alone.
- The academic readiness of the child for the grade into which entrance is sought. The academic records from previous schools must be available to the Admissions Board before an interview can be scheduled. The parents/legal guardians are responsible to ensure that student records are received by the Admissions Board.
- The relative absence of misbehavior in previous schools. A copy of all such records from previous schools must also be available to the Admissions Board.
- The signed pledge of the parent(s)/legal guardian(s) to abide by the dictates of the Student/Family Handbook and to help ensure the same from the student.
- The student’s firm expression of desire to attend school at Faith Academy. (This especially applies to students in grades 7-12).
Additional policies affecting admissions decisions
- An interview with the Admissions Board will not be scheduled until all application/registration forms and materials have been completed and received in the school office, though not necessarily including the academic and behavior records from previous schools. The records from previous, and certainly the most recent school attended, will ultimately need to be received by the Admissions Board before a final decision can be made.
- The parents/guardians will be informed of the Admission Board’s decision within 48 hours of the interview and receipt of all school records.
- The number of students enrolled will not exceed 18 in a classroom, except perhaps in choir, band, or an athletic team.
- Once a maximum number has been enrolled in any particular class or grade, a waiting list for interviewing will be started on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Home-school students are welcome to seek admission as part-time students pursuant to the school’s admission policy.
- Faith Academy does not admit married students.
- Interviews with international students may be conducted by telephone, email, or letter.
Current Students (Re-Enrollment)
- The application deadline for students who are currently enrolled at Faith Academy is March 1, 2019.
- After this date, the re-enrollment fee will increase from $150 ($350 family maximum) to $250 per student ($500 family maximum) until July 1st, 2019.
- After July 1st, the fee is $500.00 per student (no family discount).
- The application process of enrollment for new students begins March 1, 2019.
- Families who relocate after the school year has started will be considered by the Admission Board on a case-by-case basis. An appropriate tuition schedule will be determined at that time.
Did you know: Faith Academy has six different enrollment incentives that provide discounts on tuition? Visit our Tuition and Fees page to learn more.
Notice of Non-Discriminatory Policy as to Students
Faith Academy admits students of any race, color, national and ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national and ethnic origin in administration of its educational policies, admissions policies, scholarship and loan programs, and athletic and other school-administered programs.